Affiliate Membership will be automatically conferred on faculty who have had a previous funded Principal Investigator (PI) relationship with the Center for Engineering MechanoBiology and also to former CEMB trainees who have established independent laboratories in mechanobiology. Additionally, Affiliate membership is available to active collaborators of current CEMB PIs as long as the collaborating laboratory is at a CEMB institution.
Benefits of Affiliate Membership
- Access to the Faculty and Trainee Research Exchange Program
- Access to the trainee-initiated $10K cross-disciplinary pilot grant program
- Ability to propose seed research projects (if located within a CEMB member institution)
- Participation in all CEMB research thrusts, journal clubs, and seminars
- Eligibility for affiliate lab trainees to apply to CEMB boot camps
- Participation in the CEMB annual retreat
Collaborators of current CEMB PIs interested in Affiliate Membership and working on research directly relevant to the CEMB mission should apply to the CEMB Director. Applicants should provide 1) a one-paragraph description of their relevant research and 2) a short nomination letter from the collaborating CEMB PI. An abbreviated annual report is required of Affiliates who have received financial support from one or more of the programs above.
How to Apply to Become an Affiliate
CEMB is a growing network of mechanobiology researchers and educators. Affiliate members are invited to attend CEMB events, participate in seminar series, and apply for internal funding. To become an affiliate faculty of the Center, please contact email@example.com.